In this post, we’ll be keeping track of the latest updates and changes to Cascade Strategy. Check back regularly as we are constantly making improvements to the platform:
11th January 2017
- Strategy plan was sometimes overflowing in the browser.
- Controls were not wrapping properly on the Org Goal Hub.
- Goal details widget wasn’t displaying the goal metric for the auto-tracked strategic objectives.
- Goal statuses in the strategy graph were not labelised.
- The tree line connecting sub-goals on the My Team page was extending past the last sub-goal.
- Some goals were not generating in the Goals Report.
- The issues widget on Dashboards was creating doubles of the issues displayed.
3rd January 2017
- Incorrect display of status ‘On Track’.
22nd December 2016
- An option has now been added on the Single Goal widget to show the % complete.
- Formatting on the commentary area of a goal was changing once saved.
- Dashboard title’s could be deleted and left blank and the system would save the dashboard with no name.
- The values score on the overall tab of the performance appraisal wouldn’t calculate in the front end until the user saved the draft.
- The Cascade tree was not properly labelised.
- Sub-goals were not displaying properly in Multi-Goal widget ad hoc selection.
- “Link-to” was breaking widgets on embedded dashboards.
- The strategy plan page was shifting/jumping after closing from the Goal edit view.
- My team page has been fixed for sub-goals.
- Re-labelled Focus Area was overlapping the progress indicator on the Cascade Tree.
- A grammatical error was occurring if ‘Organisational Goal’ label was changed.
- When making a comment on a goal the save/delete/cancel buttons were not displaying correctly.
- An error was occurring in the Appraisal stats on the “Release Results” modal.
- The Strategy Plan Export had some formatting issues.
- Client was unable to click anything on the performance workflow.
14th December 2016
- Issue on the career & development survey, users could not complete survey, has now be resolved.
12th December 2016
- The survey free text responses- PDF wasn’t capturing all comments when the scroll bar is used.
9th December 2016
- The dashboard bar chart now scales dynamic to the range.
- Unit labels were going out of the frame in the Single Goal widgets.
8th December 2016
- Strategy privilege users are now able to edit Updates. They no longer have a 15 minute time period to make these edits.
- The legend of the pie chart has now been scaled correctly to fit the widget.
- Buttons were not wrapping properly on Goal Hub
- The questions on the ‘Survey Results’ Widget were not displaying in the correct order.
- Prompt message should be displayed when a question is not selected on the Survey results widget.
7th December 2016
- New survey widget has been added to Dashboards.
5th December 2016
- Surveys can’t be submitted if any question has a value of zero.
- There is now an option to select all or deselect all team members from the My Team page.
- User directory on Admin>Settings page has been removed to make left hand column wider.
- Value representations in the Goal Hub no longer round up the decimal point.
- High DB CPU usage when running subscription updates, has now been resolved.
- Typo on reminders has been fixed.
- Text bleeds were occurring on parts of the snapshot report export, has now been fixed.
- The co-owned icon was being incorrectly used on some sub-goals that were not co-owned.
- The dashboard export font has been reduced, as the text was too large.
- Issues from Archived Goals were showing in the Issues Widget when ‘All issues in Organisation’ was selected.
- The metric option wasn’t appearing in the Multi-Goal widget.
- The unit selected was not displaying correctly on the Single Goal widget, bar chart view.
- Goal title links were broken in snapshot reports PDF.
24th November 2016
- The dashboard PDF export has been improved and enhanced.
18th November 2016
- Improvement has been made to the maximum amount in numbers you can set in Cascade, trillions are now accepted.
16th November 2016
- The username was rendering incorrectly in emails when there a special character included e.g. an apostrophe.
- A completion and % status has been added to display next to goals when they appear in the bulk assign list of a user.
- Graphs on dashboards have been improved and will now default to start the y axis at the lowest data point.
- Users now have the ability to see comments on Updates/Issues/Tasks in the dashboard widgets.
- An option has been added to Snapshot Reports to allow users to decide if they want to remove the colour legend or keep it on the report.
- Rounding Errors in Goal Headlines have been fixed.
- PHP warning was being thrown when updating goal records, has now been resolved.
- The date filter did not respect the format picked by users on some parts of the snapshot reports.
- Goal Types were not comma-separated in the Goal Details table, has not been fixed.
- Changing the Org Goal tick boxes didn’t re-enable the Snapshot “Generate” button.
- Org goal updates ” commentary” were not showing up on the updates widget.
- Sub-goals would not show on the MyTeam page.
- Text was jumpy when selecting sub goals.
- The dashboard PDF export did not wrap the dashboard title when it exceeded the space available.
8th November 2016
- A “Sub-Goal” button has been added to the Org Goal Hub.
- Users now have the ability to add a Sub-Goal from within the Goal Hub of Goals they don’t own.
- Widget loading in the widget menu has been improved.
- The look of the goal widget has been improved.
- In the strategic plan export, ‘duplicated’ goals have been removed from the goal list under Owners.
- The “Add Widget” Modal now closes after a user adds a widget.
- The focus area in Cascade Trees is now labelised.
- The jumpiness on check-boxes on snapshots has been fixed.
- Animations that were jumpy on snapshots ‘Show Advanced’ have been fixed.
- The search in goals did not include options already showing in the list – it now does.
- The snapshot column headers and content were overlapping.
- The multi-goal widget was breaking when grouping by “due date”.
- The snapshot report was not showing correct milestone targets.
- The snapshot milestone current progress was not displaying correct values.
- The Role Description “Add Section” button was not working for some users.
- There was a typo on “Behind” in the legend on the Planner.
27th October 2016
- Changes to the goal title will now appear in the log.
- A dashboard title has been added and export date, to the Dashboard pdf Export.
- Spinners have been refined and improved.
- Chat icon was blocking features. It has now been improved, so the icon will disappear when ever it sits in front of a feature.
- Cloning draft org goals previously wouldn’t copy sub-goals across, it has now been improved so sub-goals are also cloned across.
- Dates would display in international format on Task Due dates regardless of date settings.
- The “Save” button in Framework > Goal Units was not enabled.
- The background colour was blurry on export.
- Users couldn’t actually send a specific reminder to themselves.
- After users launched the plan the modal would stay active for a long time before auto closing.
- When users create a goal update, it would add it as a comment, once refreshed it would correctly appear as an update.
- The archive user count was displaying incorrectly.
20th October 2016
- Improvements made to the date range filter on Snapshot Reports.
19th October 2016
- Dashboard’s now have an export functionality to allow users to export dashboard’s in PDF/Image formats.
- The date range filter now has the same logic as the org goal filter, so org goals will grey out when they don’t fit inside the goal date range.
- The colour scheme on historical/Milestone Progress graph has been updated.
- The Gantt chart is now forced to expand and Goals are now clickable.
- The Snapshot reports look and feel have been improved for users.
- User’s now have the option to display actual units as well as % completion in the Goal Details widget table view.
- Target flow options would appear only on new goals but not on edits (unless you changed drop down).
- When the initial value is 0 and the target is 0 -the target display has been improved.
- Brackets were appearing on Survey headers.
- When you selected the goal type ‘Contribution’ it allowed you to save it without selecting the next level down.
- Pre-existing issues widgets were showing up blank and could not be reset.
- NaN error would generate for Milestone’s in Snapshot
- KPI tracking status was being calculated incorrectly.
- Error message was displaying when editing cloned goals.
14th October 2016
- Reminder functionality has been improved.
- Goal Details Widget line view was not working on some goals.
13th October 2016
- Single Goal Widget has been improved.
11th October 2016
- Metrics are now display more prominently.
- Snapshot column widths are now more appropriately defined on the fly.
- Completion Column has been improved.
- There is now an option in Snapshots to have the Completion column cells fill / background to completion colours (on track,behind,etc). With white text overlay.
10th October 2016
- Resources field on widget was not showing correct units.
- The Multi-Goal Ad-Hoc selection widget could not be renamed.
- Watched Goals that had been archived were still showing on widgets.
- MYOB Custom Report – Key Initiative Plan Summary/Quarterly Report.
5th October 2016
- Goals Updates Widget incorrectly displayed ‘comments’ as a tick box instead of ‘updates’.
- Start/end dates of consecutive milestones were forced to be the same.
- Milestones targets were not being set correctly if an initial value was set for a goal.
- Widget graph scale was displaying inverted when a ‘decrease’ goal was plotted.
- Milestone targets could not be set higher than the final Goal target.
4th October 2016
- Focus area widget wasn’t properly displaying names.
- Multi-Goal widget has been added.
28th September 2016
- Dashboard sharing feature has been improved.
- Dashboard delete function has been made simpler.
- Users can now clone widgets.
- New RSS widget has been added.
- Planner widget has been revamped.
- Contributions widget has been revamped.
- Tasks widget has been revamped.
21st September 2016
- Goals are now able to be partitioned into milestones, so that users can now track their goals progress across different business intervals (e.g quarters).
- Users are now able to set and track ‘maintain’ goals, so that can track their performance indicators.
18th September 2016
- Incorrect task count displaying of ‘completed tasks’.
15th September 2016
- Fixes to snapshot PDF formatting.
- Our live chat is now integrated in Cascade to support users.
13th September 2016
- Task count on snapshot was incorrect when generating your own personal snapshot.
8th September 2016
- GVPL embedded Dashboard was not displaying.
- Added a Download Template button to each page of bulkjob.
7th September 2016
- Aligned goals on the snapshot were incorrectly excluded when the status filter was used.
- Incorrect height was showing for charts on the ‘Display Goal Details’ widget when the header was hidden.
- Tasks can now have a Due Date attached.
- Goals are now able to be cloned, so that it is quicker to create the next phase of a plan.
- Admin users can now bulk upload data into their Cascade instance.
1st September 2016
- When searching for another user on personal snapshot, all goals including sub-goals are shown in scope.
- Task dates now display correctly, instead of saying “invalid date”.
- Users are now able to filter report by: Completed, On Track, Behind, Not Started On snapshot.
- Enhanced the snapshot completion column by putting font in bold.
- Review notifications now delete when a goal is archived.
- Users can now add multiple specific goals in the Issues widget.
- Ability to select just issues, critical issues or both in the Snapshots.
- Added colour key on the Snapshot Report and PDF export, so that users are able to identify what the Gantt chart mean.
29th August 2016
- Added option to allow users to specify the font size when generating snapshot PDFs.
25th August 2016
- No radio button selected by default on Goal Updates Widget.
- Incorrect ‘issue’ labels on Goal Updates widget.
- customised widths of columns on snapshots to optimise page space.
24th August 2016
- Issue where co-owners were not able to update tasks and issues on a goal.
21st August 2016
- Ability to the group, sort and select specific issues on the issues widget.
17th August 2016
- Added the ability to share Dashboards.
15th August 2016
- Enhanced goal detail widget.
3rd August 2016
- Goal details widget showed archived goals.
28th July 2016
- Goal detail cut off text when there was a large amount of text.
- Snapshots broke when 1 level of sub goals are included.
27th July 2016
- Goal Widget not correctly labelised.
- Added new functionality to limit sub-goals by date in snapshots.
25th July 2016
- User who do not own the goal are kicked out when trying to upload a file.
- Issue with correct labelling of “Critical”.
- Added new ‘prior period’ column to snapshots.
- Added new feature which ‘shows next x sub-goal’ to the snapshots.
20th July 2016
- Issue with the ‘Completion’ button in the Organisation Goal Hub being visible to users without the ‘Strategy Admin’ privilege.
- Updates were sometimes duplicating saves.
- Added new snapshot option to remove summary boxes.
- Labelise the word “critical” in the issues section.
- Updates made in the Goal-Hub can no longer be deleted.
- Enhanced snapshots feature, so they are now print friendly.
11th July 2016
- ‘Planner’ page now loads asynchronously.
- Added feature which displays sub-goal owner’s name after the goal title in the ‘goal details widget’ charts.
- Improved the reassignment of goals.
- Admin can now export the competencies within the admin console in CSV format.
- Increased the max height of the strategy plan widget.
- Added the ability for performance privilege users to unlock competency assessments.
24th June 2016
- The column expand function was missing from ‘Issues’ and ‘Goals’ Reports.
- Restricted users appear on the role competencies custom report.
- The goal tracking type is blank resulting in 422 responses on all update requests.
- Improved the last radio button on the settings section of the ‘goal details widget’.
23th June 2016
- Problem with the Archive Notifications.
- Archive goal Textbox size was too small and cut off text.
- help tool tip broken on goal tracking type.
- Issue with task editing display.
- Issue with the auto tracked progress feature. It would take into account draft & Archived goals as well.
- Users ‘Uncompleting’ a goal would cause a 500 exception to be thrown.
- Issue with the ‘allocated time’ value being cut off when goals were being saved.
- Improved “Attach File” function.
- Added feature which gives the option to include the Manager’s Goals in a Team Snapshot, so the whole Team’s Goals can be viewed with ease.
- New Dashboard widget, which shows the cumulative completion of a goal over time, so that users are able to assess progress to date.
- Added feature to allow users to searches for goals and roles.
- New dashboard widget that shows the timescales of a Goal’s Sub-Goals and shows their progress, so that users may overview activities and how they overlap.
- Added feature to allow users to see a report that shows a role list, with each role’s competencies.
- Improved feature which allows all changes to goals to be stored, which can later be used for reporting.
- Users are now able to run ‘Issues’ and ‘Tasks Reports’.
- Improvement on Goal widget styling made.
- Users are now able to embedded their cascade dashboard on an external site so that they can share their dashboards.
6th June 2016
- Incorrect type and wording on the ‘My Team’ tour.
- Update message would appear on Role Description export.
- Incorrect spacing between the 2nd-level bullet points in Job Descriptions.
- Improved ‘Goal Details’ widget.
31st May 2016
- Custom reports were not properly restricted based on user privilege.
- The ‘Tasks’ column in the Snapshot Report is now shown before the ‘Issues’/’Updates’ column.
- Added ‘Issues’ and ‘Updates’ as separate columns on the Snapshot Report, so that users can show and identify specific information.
26th May 2016
- Privileged users no longer able to archive appointed users.
- Target values were not pulling through to the Goal Report.
- Free trial signup was broken in Firefox.
- The ‘instance-region’ configuration value on new instances was set in lower-case form.
- New ‘Sub-goal’ sum function to auto track users goals.
- Added ‘Issue’ and ‘Task’ reports option, so that users can see problems and activities to do at-a-glance.
19th May 2016
- Archived Goal would appear in the “Sub-Goals” of an ‘Org Goal’.
- Help option was not properly loading.
- The Org Unit was missing from the CSV Export in the Engagement Report.
- No error message was displaying when duplicate instance names were entered.
- Improved ‘Goal Details’ Dashboard widget function, users are now able to contain all goal details within a single widget.
- New dashboard widget that shows the completion of a Goal’s Sub-Goals, users can assess progress to date at a detailed level.
- New dashboard widget that displays the timescales of a Goal’s Sub-Goals.
6th May 2016
- Tooltips would break if a user removed people from a communication.
- Incorrect wording on collaboration notification.
- Goal Report was not displaying ‘Organisational Goals.
3rd May 2016
- Issue when adding new roles/users from planner.
- Greyed out screen on client instance when they try to edit.
- Unprivileged users were not able to create ‘user’ & ‘role’ through the quick deploy feature.
- “Add User” button was still displayed after the fast deployment option had been disabled.
28th April 2016
- “Apply” and “Save” buttons on “Add New User” screen were active at the same time.
- Basic placeholder data now displayed in users Cascade instance, user can see where and how their strategy elements will appear on screen.
- Enhanced the display of options after login for ease of use to the user.
- New feature that allows users to restrict the export plan to strategy privilege users only.
12th April 2016
- Reworked the notification system, adding grouping, actions, and growl-like notifications.
29th March 2016
- Incorrect labelling on the Goal Designer.
- Incorrect labelling on snapshots.
- Issue where user when being kicked-out while attempting to update tasks belonging to anther user.
17th March 2016
- Archived users are shown when notifying users in the admin console.
- Incorrect columns on the CSV goals report.
- Missing spinner on the strategy framework modal.
- Added progress indication when launching a strategy.
- Increased font size on all PDF exports.
27th February 2016
- Counts in admin console sometimes out by 1.
- Goal review requests are sometimes not being correctly triggered.
- Archived goals were sometimes showing in the goal widget on dashboards.
- Enhanced clarity of signup process when paying by PayPal.
- Users can now convert goals to org goals and vise-versa.
- Updated Career & Development custom report to include survey questions and answers.
- Added an org unit filter to all snapshots.
- Added an option to hide the metrics for the all snapshots.
- Users with the correct privileges can now move goals from one role to another.
18th February 2016
- Improved UI for saving of role descriptions.
- Add Org unit tree in admin console to help visualize your org unit structure.
- Add comment capability to Career & Development plans.
- Added all the org levels to the CSV downloads in Admin – Users.
- Clients using the bulk upload feature can now disable changes in the admin console to avoid user data becoming un-synchronized.
11th February 2016
- Sorting filter on Snapshots was not working consistently.
- Draft vision & values on the planner are incorrectly colored when using planner theming.
- When accounts are locked, no error message was being shown.
- Focus area text not wrapping in IE.
- Added ‘show sub goals’ option to My Goals widget.
- Cleaned up look and feel of panels on strategy planner.
- Mid year reviews can now be unlocked by administrators.
- Users can now align new goals to draft objectives if they are using the strategy planner.
- Added ability to filter all snapshots by Goal Types.
- Added a User archive so administrators can archive user accounts and keep their admin console clean.