In this post, we’ll be keeping track of the latest updates and changes to Cascade Strategy. Check back regularly as we are constantly making improvements to the platform:
18th March 2017
- The magnifying glass icon attached to goals on the Strategy>Plan page were not working correctly, when clicked on, nothing would happen.
17th March 2017
- The Issues widget was displaying an incorrect count of ‘critical issues’.
- The Strategy>Plan page was not correctly loading for some users without strategy privilege.
16th March 2017
- Button has been added so user’s can now add an unlimited number of Goal Type groups, so they are better able to categorise their Goals.
- The steps wizard on the Plan page has been modified to now include the export button at the bottom of the wizard.
- The PDF export button on the Dashboard page was temporarily broken, has now been fixed.
- The Goal widget had a small bug which caused the the bars on the X-axis to overlap, has now been fixed.
13th March 2017
- The Milestone and Tracking switch has been turned off and has instead become the default view in the Goal Designer for everyone.
- Milestones periods now have an option to default to the Start/End date of each month.
- The Goal deisgner now always shows the unit dropdown menu, so the user no longer has to add in a value first for it to appear.
- Links in the Goal Designer to Knowledge Base Articles were temporarily broken. Have now been fixed.
7th March 2017
- The grid used on the Dashboards page has been improved, so it’s now more flexible and easier for users to move and resize Widgets.
- The Goals Report has had additional columns added, including a Co-Owners, Goal ID, and Goal Alignment ID column.
- The engagement page was temporarily broken, has now been fixed.
27th February 2017
- Users can now customise which columns display on the Goal report using the Goal Columns Filter.
23rd February 2017
- Improvement made to the color setting options in Admin>System>Settings. User’s now have the ability to customise each of the status icons (‘On Track’, ‘Behind’, ‘Complete’ etc) to their desired color.
- Draft goals now appear in their parent goals, goal hub.
22nd February 2017
- Tool tip has been added in the goal hub on the tracking display, for when the tracking display and the status label don’t agree, to explain to the user the tolerance value set.
- Improvements have been made to the milestone and tracking features.
- Typos were found on the ‘Release Results’ modal, have now been fixed.
- Weekly digest was displaying incorrect goal statuses in some instances.
- The Tasks widget ‘complete/uncompleted’ check box area was extending too far into the tasks name.
17th February 2017
- On the My Goals page, users are now able to sort by Goal “weight’.
- The Goals widget now allows users the functionality to hide users role title and name.
- The Manager/Self appraisals setup process no longer displays a page with ’emails will be sent’, when email notifications are turned off for the instance.
- The Strategic Plan Report export now has headings/labels for the Vision and Values.
- There was a spelling error on the delete button in the Goal designer.
- The Multi-Goal widget was previously calculating progress by including draft Goals, these should not be included.
- The ‘switch to sub-goals’ button was not correctly following labels defined in the framework of the specific instance.
- The drag-able corners on the Focus Areas in the Planner would shift position when the Planner was expanded.
14th February 2017
- The ‘Show Advanced’ button on the Goal designer was broken.
10th February 2017
- Goal links in the Multi-Goal Widget were not taking users through to the Goal Hub when clicked on.
8th February 2017
- The auto-tracking type ‘Autotrack by Sub-Goal Average’ was rounding up the progress result and displaying an incorrect amount.
2nd February 2017
- Rewards report can now be downloaded and exported.
1st February 2017
- Weekly Digest settings can now be customised. Users now have the ability to select the time the Weekly Digest is sent, the users its sends to, and how often.
- The demo mode feature in Cascade was having issues, and users were unable to access it.
30th January 2017
- Issue was occurring for Safari users. There Cascade Instances would not display correctly, has now been resolved.
25th January 2017
- Milestone graph in the goal designer has been improved.
- Milestone creation table in the goal designer has been improved.
- Target section in the goal designer has been improved.
- Historic progress section in the goal designer has been improved.
- Updating Milestones in the Goal hub has been improved.
- Goal Status and the Tracking Curve for goals has been improved.
- The Milestone display on the Snapshot Reports has been improved.
- Users are able to create their own tolerance value for goals that require an exact target.
- Users with System privilege are able to set a global tolerance value for goal tracking.
- Number formatting applied inconsistently.
- Goal Start & End on the Goal Designer was not defaulting correctly when a goal was aligned to another goal with an end date that had passed.
- When adding a milestone the end date defaults to BEFORE the start date.
- Decimal’s should be rounded up when displaying x amount behind/ahead.
- Style scroll bars on the Snapshot Reports should disappear on the PDF download.
- Contribution widget was incorrectly display variables when a second widget was used. Second Contribution widget would would change the variables selected on the first one.
- The survey widget would not let a user view ‘completed’ surveys.
17th January 2017
- The Reminder email was not being sent properly in some instances .
12th January 2017
- The Performance Report had a bug that was causing the graph to display incorrectly.
- The Strategy Planner ‘sort by’ selections were not automatically updating when setting was changed. Only after the page was refreshed, it would update.
11th January 2017
- Strategy plan was sometimes overflowing in the browser.
- Controls were not wrapping properly on the Org Goal Hub.
- Goal details widget wasn’t displaying the goal metric for the auto-tracked strategic objectives.
- Goal statuses in the strategy graph were not labelised.
- The tree line connecting sub-goals on the My Team page was extending past the last sub-goal.
- Some goals were not generating in the Goals Report.
- The issues widget on Dashboards was creating doubles of the issues displayed.
3rd January 2017
- Incorrect display of status ‘On Track’.
22nd December 2016
- An option has now been added on the Single Goal widget to show the % complete.
- Formatting on the commentary area of a goal was changing once saved.
- Dashboard title’s could be deleted and left blank and the system would save the dashboard with no name.
- The values score on the overall tab of the performance appraisal wouldn’t calculate in the front end until the user saved the draft.
- The Cascade tree was not properly labelised.
- Sub-goals were not displaying properly in Multi-Goal widget ad hoc selection.
- “Link-to” was breaking widgets on embedded dashboards.
- The strategy plan page was shifting/jumping after closing from the Goal edit view.
- My team page has been fixed for sub-goals.
- Re-labelled Focus Area was overlapping the progress indicator on the Cascade Tree.
- A grammatical error was occurring if ‘Organisational Goal’ label was changed.
- When making a comment on a goal the save/delete/cancel buttons were not displaying correctly.
- An error was occurring in the Appraisal stats on the “Release Results” modal.
- The Strategy Plan Export had some formatting issues.
- Client was unable to click anything on the performance workflow.
14th December 2016
- Issue on the career & development survey, users could not complete survey, has now be resolved.
12th December 2016
- The survey free text responses- PDF wasn’t capturing all comments when the scroll bar is used.
9th December 2016
- The dashboard bar chart now scales dynamic to the range.
- Unit labels were going out of the frame in the Single Goal widgets.
8th December 2016
- Strategy privilege users are now able to edit Updates. They no longer have a 15 minute time period to make these edits.
- The legend of the pie chart has now been scaled correctly to fit the widget.
- Buttons were not wrapping properly on Goal Hub
- The questions on the ‘Survey Results’ Widget were not displaying in the correct order.
- Prompt message should be displayed when a question is not selected on the Survey results widget.
7th December 2016
- New survey widget has been added to Dashboards.
5th December 2016
- Surveys can’t be submitted if any question has a value of zero.
- There is now an option to select all or deselect all team members from the My Team page.
- User directory on Admin>Settings page has been removed to make left hand column wider.
- Value representations in the Goal Hub no longer round up the decimal point.
- High DB CPU usage when running subscription updates, has now been resolved.
- Typo on reminders has been fixed.
- Text bleeds were occurring on parts of the snapshot report export, has now been fixed.
- The co-owned icon was being incorrectly used on some sub-goals that were not co-owned.
- The dashboard export font has been reduced, as the text was too large.
- Issues from Archived Goals were showing in the Issues Widget when ‘All issues in Organisation’ was selected.
- The metric option wasn’t appearing in the Multi-Goal widget.
- The unit selected was not displaying correctly on the Single Goal widget, bar chart view.
- Goal title links were broken in snapshot reports PDF.
24th November 2016
- The dashboard PDF export has been improved and enhanced.
18th November 2016
- Improvement has been made to the maximum amount in numbers you can set in Cascade, trillions are now accepted.
16th November 2016
- The username was rendering incorrectly in emails when there a special character included e.g. an apostrophe.
- A completion and % status has been added to display next to goals when they appear in the bulk assign list of a user.
- Graphs on dashboards have been improved and will now default to start the y axis at the lowest data point.
- Users now have the ability to see comments on Updates/Issues/Tasks in the dashboard widgets.
- An option has been added to Snapshot Reports to allow users to decide if they want to remove the colour legend or keep it on the report.
- Rounding Errors in Goal Headlines have been fixed.
- PHP warning was being thrown when updating goal records, has now been resolved.
- The date filter did not respect the format picked by users on some parts of the snapshot reports.
- Goal Types were not comma-separated in the Goal Details table, has not been fixed.
- Changing the Org Goal tick boxes didn’t re-enable the Snapshot “Generate” button.
- Org goal updates ” commentary” were not showing up on the updates widget.
- Sub-goals would not show on the MyTeam page.
- Text was jumpy when selecting sub goals.
- The dashboard PDF export did not wrap the dashboard title when it exceeded the space available.
8th November 2016
- A “Sub-Goal” button has been added to the Org Goal Hub.
- Users now have the ability to add a Sub-Goal from within the Goal Hub of Goals they don’t own.
- Widget loading in the widget menu has been improved.
- The look of the goal widget has been improved.
- In the strategic plan export, ‘duplicated’ goals have been removed from the goal list under Owners.
- The “Add Widget” Modal now closes after a user adds a widget.
- The focus area in Cascade Trees is now labelised.
- The jumpiness on check-boxes on snapshots has been fixed.
- Animations that were jumpy on snapshots ‘Show Advanced’ have been fixed.
- The search in goals did not include options already showing in the list – it now does.
- The snapshot column headers and content were overlapping.
- The multi-goal widget was breaking when grouping by “due date”.
- The snapshot report was not showing correct milestone targets.
- The snapshot milestone current progress was not displaying correct values.
- The Role Description “Add Section” button was not working for some users.
- There was a typo on “Behind” in the legend on the Planner.
27th October 2016
- Changes to the goal title will now appear in the log.
- A dashboard title has been added and export date, to the Dashboard pdf Export.
- Spinners have been refined and improved.
- Chat icon was blocking features. It has now been improved, so the icon will disappear when ever it sits in front of a feature.
- Cloning draft org goals previously wouldn’t copy sub-goals across, it has now been improved so sub-goals are also cloned across.
- Dates would display in international format on Task Due dates regardless of date settings.
- The “Save” button in Framework > Goal Units was not enabled.
- The background colour was blurry on export.
- Users couldn’t actually send a specific reminder to themselves.
- After users launched the plan the modal would stay active for a long time before auto closing.
- When users create a goal update, it would add it as a comment, once refreshed it would correctly appear as an update.
- The archive user count was displaying incorrectly.
20th October 2016
- Improvements made to the date range filter on Snapshot Reports.
19th October 2016
- Dashboard’s now have an export functionality to allow users to export dashboard’s in PDF/Image formats.
- The date range filter now has the same logic as the org goal filter, so org goals will grey out when they don’t fit inside the goal date range.
- The colour scheme on historical/Milestone Progress graph has been updated.
- The Gantt chart is now forced to expand and Goals are now clickable.
- The Snapshot reports look and feel have been improved for users.
- User’s now have the option to display actual units as well as % completion in the Goal Details widget table view.
- Target flow options would appear only on new goals but not on edits (unless you changed drop down).
- When the initial value is 0 and the target is 0 -the target display has been improved.
- Brackets were appearing on Survey headers.
- When you selected the goal type ‘Contribution’ it allowed you to save it without selecting the next level down.
- Pre-existing issues widgets were showing up blank and could not be reset.
- NaN error would generate for Milestone’s in Snapshot
- KPI tracking status was being calculated incorrectly.
- Error message was displaying when editing cloned goals.
14th October 2016
- Reminder functionality has been improved.
- Goal Details Widget line view was not working on some goals.
13th October 2016
- Single Goal Widget has been improved.
11th October 2016
- Metrics are now display more prominently.
- Snapshot column widths are now more appropriately defined on the fly.
- Completion Column has been improved.
- There is now an option in Snapshots to have the Completion column cells fill / background to completion colours (on track,behind,etc). With white text overlay.
10th October 2016
- Resources field on widget was not showing correct units.
- The Multi-Goal Ad-Hoc selection widget could not be renamed.
- Watched Goals that had been archived were still showing on widgets.
- MYOB Custom Report – Key Initiative Plan Summary/Quarterly Report.
5th October 2016
- Goals Updates Widget incorrectly displayed ‘comments’ as a tick box instead of ‘updates’.
- Start/end dates of consecutive milestones were forced to be the same.
- Milestones targets were not being set correctly if an initial value was set for a goal.
- Widget graph scale was displaying inverted when a ‘decrease’ goal was plotted.
- Milestone targets could not be set higher than the final Goal target.
4th October 2016
- Focus area widget wasn’t properly displaying names.
- Multi-Goal widget has been added.
28th September 2016
- Dashboard sharing feature has been improved.
- Dashboard delete function has been made simpler.
- Users can now clone widgets.
- New RSS widget has been added.
- Planner widget has been revamped.
- Contributions widget has been revamped.
- Tasks widget has been revamped.
21st September 2016
- Goals are now able to be partitioned into milestones, so that users can now track their goals progress across different business intervals (e.g quarters).
- Users are now able to set and track ‘maintain’ goals, so that can track their performance indicators.
18th September 2016
- Incorrect task count displaying of ‘completed tasks’.
15th September 2016
- Fixes to snapshot PDF formatting.
- Our live chat is now integrated in Cascade to support users.
13th September 2016
- Task count on snapshot was incorrect when generating your own personal snapshot.
8th September 2016
- GVPL embedded Dashboard was not displaying.
- Added a Download Template button to each page of bulkjob.
7th September 2016
- Aligned goals on the snapshot were incorrectly excluded when the status filter was used.
- Incorrect height was showing for charts on the ‘Display Goal Details’ widget when the header was hidden.
- Tasks can now have a Due Date attached.
- Goals are now able to be cloned, so that it is quicker to create the next phase of a plan.
- Admin users can now bulk upload data into their Cascade instance.
1st September 2016
- When searching for another user on personal snapshot, all goals including sub-goals are shown in scope.
- Task dates now display correctly, instead of saying “invalid date”.
- Users are now able to filter report by: Completed, On Track, Behind, Not Started On snapshot.
- Enhanced the snapshot completion column by putting font in bold.
- Review notifications now delete when a goal is archived.
- Users can now add multiple specific goals in the Issues widget.
- Ability to select just issues, critical issues or both in the Snapshots.
- Added colour key on the Snapshot Report and PDF export, so that users are able to identify what the Gantt chart mean.
29th August 2016
- Added option to allow users to specify the font size when generating snapshot PDFs.
25th August 2016
- No radio button selected by default on Goal Updates Widget.
- Incorrect ‘issue’ labels on Goal Updates widget.
- customised widths of columns on snapshots to optimise page space.
24th August 2016
- Issue where co-owners were not able to update tasks and issues on a goal.
21st August 2016
- Ability to the group, sort and select specific issues on the issues widget.
17th August 2016
- Added the ability to share Dashboards.
15th August 2016
- Enhanced goal detail widget.
3rd August 2016
- Goal details widget showed archived goals.
28th July 2016
- Goal detail cut off text when there was a large amount of text.
- Snapshots broke when 1 level of sub goals are included.
27th July 2016
- Goal Widget not correctly labelised.
- Added new functionality to limit sub-goals by date in snapshots.
25th July 2016
- User who do not own the goal are kicked out when trying to upload a file.
- Issue with correct labelling of “Critical”.
- Added new ‘prior period’ column to snapshots.
- Added new feature which ‘shows next x sub-goal’ to the snapshots.
20th July 2016
- Issue with the ‘Completion’ button in the Organisation Goal Hub being visible to users without the ‘Strategy Admin’ privilege.
- Updates were sometimes duplicating saves.
- Added new snapshot option to remove summary boxes.
- Labelise the word “critical” in the issues section.
- Updates made in the Goal-Hub can no longer be deleted.
- Enhanced snapshots feature, so they are now print friendly.
11th July 2016
- ‘Planner’ page now loads asynchronously.
- Added feature which displays sub-goal owner’s name after the goal title in the ‘goal details widget’ charts.
- Improved the reassignment of goals.
- Admin can now export the competencies within the admin console in CSV format.
- Increased the max height of the strategy plan widget.
- Added the ability for performance privilege users to unlock competency assessments.
24th June 2016
- The column expand function was missing from ‘Issues’ and ‘Goals’ Reports.
- Restricted users appear on the role competencies custom report.
- The goal tracking type is blank resulting in 422 responses on all update requests.
- Improved the last radio button on the settings section of the ‘goal details widget’.
23th June 2016
- Problem with the Archive Notifications.
- Archive goal Textbox size was too small and cut off text.
- help tool tip broken on goal tracking type.
- Issue with task editing display.
- Issue with the auto tracked progress feature. It would take into account draft & Archived goals as well.
- Users ‘Uncompleting’ a goal would cause a 500 exception to be thrown.
- Issue with the ‘allocated time’ value being cut off when goals were being saved.
- Improved “Attach File” function.
- Added feature which gives the option to include the Manager’s Goals in a Team Snapshot, so the whole Team’s Goals can be viewed with ease.
- New Dashboard widget, which shows the cumulative completion of a goal over time, so that users are able to assess progress to date.
- Added feature to allow users to searches for goals and roles.
- New dashboard widget that shows the timescales of a Goal’s Sub-Goals and shows their progress, so that users may overview activities and how they overlap.
- Added feature to allow users to see a report that shows a role list, with each role’s competencies.
- Improved feature which allows all changes to goals to be stored, which can later be used for reporting.
- Users are now able to run ‘Issues’ and ‘Tasks Reports’.
- Improvement on Goal widget styling made.
- Users are now able to embedded their cascade dashboard on an external site so that they can share their dashboards.
6th June 2016
- Incorrect type and wording on the ‘My Team’ tour.
- Update message would appear on Role Description export.
- Incorrect spacing between the 2nd-level bullet points in Job Descriptions.
- Improved ‘Goal Details’ widget.
31st May 2016
- Custom reports were not properly restricted based on user privilege.
- The ‘Tasks’ column in the Snapshot Report is now shown before the ‘Issues’/’Updates’ column.
- Added ‘Issues’ and ‘Updates’ as separate columns on the Snapshot Report, so that users can show and identify specific information.
26th May 2016
- Privileged users no longer able to archive appointed users.
- Target values were not pulling through to the Goal Report.
- Free trial signup was broken in Firefox.
- The ‘instance-region’ configuration value on new instances was set in lower-case form.
- New ‘Sub-goal’ sum function to auto track users goals.
- Added ‘Issue’ and ‘Task’ reports option, so that users can see problems and activities to do at-a-glance.
19th May 2016
- Archived Goal would appear in the “Sub-Goals” of an ‘Org Goal’.
- Help option was not properly loading.
- The Org Unit was missing from the CSV Export in the Engagement Report.
- No error message was displaying when duplicate instance names were entered.
- Improved ‘Goal Details’ Dashboard widget function, users are now able to contain all goal details within a single widget.
- New dashboard widget that shows the completion of a Goal’s Sub-Goals, users can assess progress to date at a detailed level.
- New dashboard widget that displays the timescales of a Goal’s Sub-Goals.
6th May 2016
- Tooltips would break if a user removed people from a communication.
- Incorrect wording on collaboration notification.
- Goal Report was not displaying ‘Organisational Goals.
3rd May 2016
- Issue when adding new roles/users from planner.
- Greyed out screen on client instance when they try to edit.
- Unprivileged users were not able to create ‘user’ & ‘role’ through the quick deploy feature.
- “Add User” button was still displayed after the fast deployment option had been disabled.
28th April 2016
- “Apply” and “Save” buttons on “Add New User” screen were active at the same time.
- Basic placeholder data now displayed in users Cascade instance, user can see where and how their strategy elements will appear on screen.
- Enhanced the display of options after login for ease of use to the user.
- New feature that allows users to restrict the export plan to strategy privilege users only.
12th April 2016
- Reworked the notification system, adding grouping, actions, and growl-like notifications.
29th March 2016
- Incorrect labelling on the Goal Designer.
- Incorrect labelling on snapshots.
- Issue where user when being kicked-out while attempting to update tasks belonging to anther user.
17th March 2016
- Archived users are shown when notifying users in the admin console.
- Incorrect columns on the CSV goals report.
- Missing spinner on the strategy framework modal.
- Added progress indication when launching a strategy.
- Increased font size on all PDF exports.
27th February 2016
- Counts in admin console sometimes out by 1.
- Goal review requests are sometimes not being correctly triggered.
- Archived goals were sometimes showing in the goal widget on dashboards.
- Enhanced clarity of signup process when paying by PayPal.
- Users can now convert goals to org goals and vise-versa.
- Updated Career & Development custom report to include survey questions and answers.
- Added an org unit filter to all snapshots.
- Added an option to hide the metrics for the all snapshots.
- Users with the correct privileges can now move goals from one role to another.
18th February 2016
- Improved UI for saving of role descriptions.
- Add Org unit tree in admin console to help visualize your org unit structure.
- Add comment capability to Career & Development plans.
- Added all the org levels to the CSV downloads in Admin – Users.
- Clients using the bulk upload feature can now disable changes in the admin console to avoid user data becoming un-synchronized.
11th February 2016
- Sorting filter on Snapshots was not working consistently.
- Draft vision & values on the planner are incorrectly colored when using planner theming.
- When accounts are locked, no error message was being shown.
- Focus area text not wrapping in IE.
- Added ‘show sub goals’ option to My Goals widget.
- Cleaned up look and feel of panels on strategy planner.
- Mid year reviews can now be unlocked by administrators.
- Users can now align new goals to draft objectives if they are using the strategy planner.
- Added ability to filter all snapshots by Goal Types.
- Added a User archive so administrators can archive user accounts and keep their admin console clean.